We've had a lot of fun this summer, it was GREAT to see family for Cody's family reunion, and my Dad's 60th birthday (although I don't have any pictures of that.....I suck at taking pictures). We've done quite a bit here around Flagstaff. There is a lot of out door-sey stuff to do that is really fun. We went to the Grand Canyon, hiked around a volcano, saw some ancient ruins gone out for ice cream at least once a week, and went to the fair, and the monster truck rally. It's been busy and fun.
How is it going in general? Well it's alright. Cody got called into the Elder's Quorum presidency, and that has helped a little with bring noticed in the ward. And I have decided that if no one wants to talk to me, then I'll talk to them. Its been difficult, but I'm making progress. I still feel quite lonely a lot. Taking the boys to the park when I know that I can call and invite someone to go with me is a lot more fun than taking them alone. But I got a few phone numbers of sisters in my ward and I plan on calling them this week to go.
I started school again. YIKES! It's been pretty rough, I actually don't like it very much. I'm not very good at tuning out the noises around me so I'm easily distracted, and I can't leave because Cody is helping me out a lot.....So I guess slow and steady for now. I will apply for the Dental Hygiene program in January, so wish me luck.
I'm only a couple of pounds away from my goal weight I set for myself almost a year ago. I think I got this whole eating more healthy thing down. I actually like salad, and crave it frequently....weird. And I discovered this stuff called Kefir, it's a drinkable yogurt that helps with the normal flora in your gut (it make digestion better) and I LOVE it. I make the BEST smoothies. Come over and try one and I will dare you to find a better one.
Carter started pre-school in the beginning of August, and he loves it. I think he has a crush on his teacher Ms Megan he talks about her CONSTANTLY and will always say " I'll have to tell Ms Megan" about whatever it is that he thinks is cool. He had more fun at the Monster Truck rally than I thought was possible. My dad told me to bring earplugs, and I thought he was kidding. It turns out that he wasn't. We had to buy some there, and Carter thought they were awesome. I told him he could use them at home too, when ever I yelled too loud. He thought that was funny. He is a good boy, and so fun most of the time.
Toby is starting the terrible two's. Awesome. He's better than Carter was, a lot easier to discipline. But he gets on my nerves. He talks an awful lot, and is still so funny some times. He has developed a love for the nick-name Carter gave him, "Tobo", and will correct me every time I call him Toby. He yells at the top of his lungs "MAMA LOVE YOU TOO" and expects an immediate response of "TOBO LOVE YOU TOO" if it doesn't happen RIGHT away, he will yell it over and over and over until I say it. Too cute, but not in sacrament meeting, because if I don't yell it, it's not and acceptable answer.
I'm the luckiest mom alive. :)
Cody just found out that the clinic here in Flagstaff, that is associated with the hospital he is working for, is extending their hours and will need another Pharmacist. Needless to say he has already requested to be transferred. Pray for us? It will be SO nice to have him closer, and i will cut 2 hours out of the time he is away from home during the day. Not to mention gas, and paying to ride the shuttle, and this that and the other thing, It'll just be nice to live in the same town he is working in. So keep your fingers crossed. :) Any way, here is what you all have some to see, Pictures, enjoy.
El Perro Loco
El Perro Loco



Glad to hear things are improving some. That monster truck rally looked like loads of fun. I'm still chuckling at your Tobo story. Classic.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad you finally up dated! Pat and I went to a monster car show when I was 6 month pregnant and it was loud! Zenick loved it in my belly though he was kicking like crazy! Lol
ReplyDelete