is really tough! I was SO excited to move to Flagstaff, I couldn't WAIT to leave Laramie. Now we are here, and Carter is friendless, and so am I.
Our ward SEEMS really nice, but not overly welcoming. There is a "Young Mothers" group that was supposed to meet today at the park and no one showed up. I honestly can't describe how disappointed Carter was. It was depressing because the park was in the ghetto and everyone there was seriously the most white trash I have ever seen. So after waiting about 45 min.s for someone I recognized to show up, we left disappointed.
I am having a hard time adjusting to life here. Some days are GREAT and my kids play well together, and we are happy and I get stuff done, then some days I just want to curl up in my bed and cry (today being one of those days...thus the depressing blog). I don't feel like doing anything, Carter has been on one, and Toby doesn't like anything. I was hoping to meet just one person today. Someone I could call to go to the park with during the week, or maybe have come over, ONE person with ONE kid for Carter to play with. No such luck.
Don't get me wrong I LOVE my kids, and I LOVE to play with them, but I'm pretty sure the bad days are only bad because they can only have so much fun with their boring old mom. Kids need friends AND parents.
Also I got an e-mail today telling me that there was a break-in in a neighboring apartment. A.W.E.S.O.M.E. that's JUST what I need, to be afraid of leaving my house. At least I never leave my kids alone. But still, not something I want to have to worry about, and it's not like I need ANOTHER thing to keep me up at night. I have insomnia for that thanks.
I like our apartment OK. It's small and expensive. We've been looking at houses (not looking to buy, just to see what the housing market is like), but we can BUY and brand new house for $250,000 with 2200 sq ft and our monthly payment would be about 1300 dollars. We are paying $950 for 916 sq ft. This is the first time I've felt like renting is a waste of money........
On a plus side, Cody is working, and he likes his job. I wouldn't say that he LOVES his job. He said that the system they use is annoying, and aggravating, but he said that he could work there for a few years anyway. We are supposedly getting reimbursed for our move this week. It'll be nice to start paying off our credit card debt.
Any way. I keep telling myself that I am going to LOVE it here once we meet some people and get acquainted with the area a little bit. I'm trying to keep an open mind and "unpack my bags" so to speak. As of right now, I still have an open mind, I just hope it stays that way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


I'm sorry Cherry! I feel your pain. Our neighbor just had their home broken into too. At least my ward is very welcoming. I still have yet to find "friends" for me and the kids. I'm sure it'll come with time. Have you asked the RS president or primary president for the name(s) of someone with kids your kids' same ages? You are such a gregarious, likeable person. I'm sure it won't take long. Good luck in the mean time!
ReplyDeleteCherry,
ReplyDeleteI know how that feels. Hope things get better for you. I know they will!
I know what you mean. A new place is always hard to adjust to. It wasn't till I lived in Green River for about a year that I finally felt like I had friends. But I think you're really good at making friends, so just keep it up! You are doing great and you're an awesome person and an amazing friend! Love you!
ReplyDeleteMoving is hard, it is hard to make new friends. I am sure in a few more months you will love it! It took Pat and I a year to make good friends.
ReplyDeleteI'm a little late getting in here, but I sure hope things have gotten better for you over the last few months. I had kind of a rough time when we moved to Wisconsin, too. It was a loooonely time, being that far away from everyone and everything we knew. It did help that we had a wonderful ward, a great apartment and good neighbors, but there is a lot to be said for having friends that you feel comfortable with and relate to. I bet you've made some by now. I hope so. Hang in there! And know you're not alone in having rough days.
ReplyDelete