Sunday, July 5, 2009

Why God Created Husbands....

So this morning was just like any other Sunday morning. Cody had to work, and I told myself at first I wasn't going to go to church. Whats the point right when all I'll do is wader around the hall with a grumpy little boy? Well at about 10:30, I decided what the heck I'll give it a shot. So I got ready, got Carter ready, and we headed to church. Sacrament went well, he was way better than he usually is, but I was distracted the whole time trying to keep him quiet and happy, but never the less I thought what the heck let try sunday school....not so great. He was acting so tired so we went to the mothers lounge so that I could try to put him to sleep; maybe I could get something out of relief society....I forgot his binky....Crap, so sleep was out, but he was so worn out from crying that I thought he'd just sit on my lap during relief society....nope....he wandered all over the room, and just as I am cleaning up our stuff to make a quiet exit, he waders up to the front of the room, and I of course am not fast enough, and he starts banging on the piano (during a spiritual moment in the lesson no less...) great, so I go up there, grab him by the arm, and he SCREAMS.....my quiet exit became a noisy retreat....Carter won this time......but there is only 3 more months until nursery! SWEET!

And that is why there is a mom and a dad so one parent can happily enjoy at least one meeting during church.

3 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY how you fill...what a hard age! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AMEN TO THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Nursery was the best and happiest day of my life!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love little kids...they are opportunists. I think they know how to push the right buttons to get exactly what they want! Little Carter is so cute and so funny!
    Hey let us know when you'll be here. If we are able to get to Seattle we would love to see you guys. When are you going to be in the area?
    Sherilyn

    ReplyDelete